Green Infrastructure Corridors for intra-African Trade (Support to PIDA) - Junior Advisor
Reports to: Component Leader
Duration: June 2023 until 31 October 2025
The Project Green Infrastructure Corridors for intra-African Trade (Support to PIDA) implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development collaborates with the African Union Commission (AUC), the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) and the Central Corridor Transit Trade Facilitation Agency (CCTTFA) to support green infrastructure development in Africa via the following five components:
- Development of a Continental Green Infrastructure Policy,
- Advisory for Climate Resilient & Low Carbon Infrastructure Projects in the Central Corridor,
- Advisory for Digital Solutions of MSMEs in Green Infrastructure & Trade,
- Formulation of a Digital Strategy and Advisory on Digital Topics in the Infrastructure & Trade Sector,
- Just Transition for Technology Transfer, Climate Finance and Gender.
The Junior Advisor will support different aspects of the GIZ Projects routine work ranging from Technical Advisory & Research, Events & Logistics, Administration, Contracts & Finance, Communications and Monitoring & Evaluation.
For more information please visit:
The Junior Advisor will work together with the technical and the administrative Team to assist in organisational, administrative, and technical aspects. The main responsibilities are as follows:
Technical advisory support to Component Three. An additional and/or changing advisory focus may be decided pending profile and competences.
Take up research tasks and knowledge management. Project management support relating to procurement, administration, and logistics.
GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a:
- Cover Letter (concisely 2 page) clearly stating your motivation for applying for the position and outline your competencies why you are the best suited candidate addressing qualifications, competencies and experiences asked for in this advert as well as salary range expectation. Cover Letter must not exceed two (2) pages to be submitted in PDF Format.
- This should be accompanied by a detailed CV desired salary range and indicating their nationality. The CV must include at least one professional reference of previous employment and at least one academic reference including contact details and must not exceed four (4) pages to be submitted in PDF format.
The application should be only one PDF file, comprising of Cover Letter and CV and submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following email subject line “PIDA Jnr Advisor Application” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 05 April 2023.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications without a Cover letter will not be considered!