Support to the South African COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out and Local Production (SAVax) Technical Advisor
Reports to: Head of Component “Production”
Duration: Until 31 December 2025
AREA OF WORK
South Africa is committed to strengthen its local vaccine development and production capacity. GIZ Support to the South African COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out and Local Production (SAVax) project will contribute to the empowerment of the local ecosystem by supporting training and research institutions and the regulatory capacities as well as by ensuring demand for vaccines and vaccine-related products made in South Africa (market shaping).
The SAVax project is recruiting an experienced advisor with both technical skills in health innovation and a solid network and experience working with the private sector and government to advice and manage project implementation.
The Technical Advisor will be responsible for:
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and an effective collaboration with all relevant public and private partners in vaccine production.
- Under the leadership of the component leader, ensure delivery and quality of the project activities already from the planning to the implementation such as grants or consultancy services.
- Provide technical advice on the regional dimension of the project activities including alignment with regional and local stakeholders working on demand generation for South African vaccines.
- Plan, implement and coordinate activities with other GIZ projects and diverse institutions including KfW and actively identify interfaces and synergies.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of technical papers for internal and external information events.
Suitable should apply by submitting a motivation letter (concisely 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and their desired salary range. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV and indicating their nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line “Application for SAVax TA Output 2-4 Revised” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 14 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below.