Reports to: Head of Finance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Pretoria is looking to fill the position of “Finance Officer”.
The Finance Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team or the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office
- Performing tasks independently in compliance with GIZ’s Processes and Rules (P+R)
- Financial planning, monitoring and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects
- Giving advice to the projects, business partner and counterparts
- Contributing to the development and implementation of department processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (concisely 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and their desired salary range. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV and indicating their nationality to: email@example.com, with the email subject line “Application for Finance Officer” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications 28 April 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!