Senior Finance Manager: CCPS
Reports to: CCPS Cluster Coordinator (AV)
Duration: Until 31 December 2026
The Centre for Cooperation with the Private Sector (CCPS) was established at the beginning of 2014 to coordinate the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) GmbH South Africa’s strategy for cooperation with the private sector. It is an umbrella unit responsible for implementing various regional or global programmes all with the aim to promote private sector cooperation. The CCPS programmes include:
Team Europe Initiative IYBA-SEED “Investing in Young Businesses in Africa - Supporting Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Development”, with a special emphasis on women and young people. This is a Co-financed project supported by the EU and BMZ.
The Employment and Skills for Development in Africa (E4D) which aims to create smart, sustainable solutions for economic development promoting micro- and small business development, enhancing skills and employability and supporting inclusive value chains. It seeks to create jobs and improve the employment situation, together with the recently commissioned started WE4D (Promoting female employment for Africa’s green transformation).
The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS) which promotes collective action of multiple stakeholders to protect and manage natural resources while safeguarding investments in key economic zones, creating and securing jobs, boosting awareness of natural resource stewardship to be embedded into key institutions so they can drive policy and practice.
The Access Benefit Sharing (ABS) Compliant Biotrade in Southern Africa (ABioSA) aims at creating a high-growth jobs-rich and innovative biotrade sector that complies with international and domestic ABS regulations. It contributes to the livelihoods of rural people and the productive use of South(ern) Africa’s plant biodiversity.
The BioInnovation Africa (BIA) - Equitable Benefit-sharing for the Conservation of Biodiversity in collaboration with ABioSA aims to strengthen European-African partnerships and Private Sector engagement for biodiversity-based innovations and products with equitable benefit-sharing for conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
The Senior Finance Manager is primarily responsible for the financial and administrative processes of the EU supported TEI IYBA-SEED programme as well as having a Coordination and management of the CCPS Cluster. The CCPS finance and administration team are responsible for managing all contractual and financial tasks of the projects in line with GIZ rules and regulations.
In particular, the Senior Finance Manager is responsible for:
- Financial management of all projects in the CCPS cluster.
- Disciplinary supervision of all finance and administration colleagues within the CCPS
- Mentoring of the finance specialist within the cluster.
- Coordinating with the Administration manager
- Supporting in the preparation or commercial quality assurance of Annex 3a (cost development) and 3b (KOMP report) to the project progress report. In particular, the allocation of cost to outputs and collaboration in the preparation of the forecast for the projects subjected to KOMP (KOMP=cost per output monitoring and forecast).
- Financial and commercial coordination and communication with relevant organizational units at GIZ headquarters and country office
- Support internal control processes incl preparation, liaise with internal controllers and follow-up on findings, implement findings and resolve issues sustainably, incl for audits and external audits esp. for financing contracts and co-financing.
- Ensuring that applicable procurement regulation as per PuR are complied with by contracts, finance and logistics colleagues in executing their respective functions.
- Ensuring active receivables and payables management by contracts, finance and logistics colleagues and coordinate with country office.
- Advising the Cluster Coordinator and DVs on financial technical issues relating to co-financing and other related topics.
- Contact person for all commercial issues within the cluster.
- Ensuring efficient, transparent and economical use of financial and commercial support processes (use and implementation of IT tools), in particular SAP, onSITE Reporting and onSITE Operations.
- Advising Cluster Coordinator and DVs, logistics, finance and contract officer(s) in commercial decisions.
- Ensure compliance with company-wide procedures, country-specific guidelines and other legal requirements.
- Ensure that at the end of project, all necessary catalogues of measurement that are mandated by the GIZ rules and regulations are observed regarding the closure of the project. Ensure that files are completed and archived, both online and offline where required, in-line with GIZ regulations. Prepares shipment for archiving relevant voucher folders.
- Managing relevant Leistungspakete and Arbeitsaufträge.
- File documents in reference files or in document management system in line with DMS guidelines & ensure completeness especially for File B, C and E.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (concisely 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and their desired salary range. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV and indicating their nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line “Application for CCPS Snr Finance Manager” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications 02 May 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description download below...