Reports: Senior Finance Manager - PaISSA
Duration: Until 30 November 2025
Duty Station: Hatfield, Pretoria
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned Organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
To enhance collaboration, efficiency, quality as well as staff development in the field of administration and finance management across GIZ’s governance and violence prevention projects in South Africa, it was decided to bundle admin and finance capacities in one bundled structure. In the core topic “Peaceful and Inclusive Societies”, the South African portfolio comprises three bilateral projects and one regional project, agreed to between the Governments of South Africa and Germany:
- Transparency and Integrity Project (TIP);
- Inclusive Violence and Crime Prevention (VCP III);
- SDG-Initiative (SDG-I); and
- Partnerships for Prevention of Gender-based Violence in Southern Africa (PfP II).
In all four projects, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is responsible for the implementation of the development contributions on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with two projects, TIP and VCP III, being co-funded by the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC), respectively.
The PaISSA bundled structure in Pretoria is looking to fill the position of a “Driver/Administrative Assistant”.
RESPONSIBILITIES (see full job description download below)
The Driver/Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles.
- Ensuring the roadworthiness of vehicles through maintenance, servicing, cleanliness, and safety of the official vehicles.
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations when transporting goods or passengers
- Running official and PaISSA errands
- Undertaking administrative tasks related to the role, including the documentation of motor vehicle related transportation, driving and fleet management related matters
- Assisting administrative staff with office furniture movements and upkeep of offices and storerooms.
- Assisting administrate staff with ensuring workshop material is always available for use.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate, the value added they will bring to the project and their desired salary range.
- This should be accompanied by a detailed CV and indicating their nationality.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com, with the email subject line “Application for Driver/Administrative Assistant” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 27 July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
See full job description below.