Call for Proposals 83446778
Develop an Artificial Intelligence Maturity Assessment Framework for South Africa to measure and monitor the AI readiness of the country.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH South Africa office seeks a service provider(s) with expertise in AI and Data research, policy and impact assessment reporting. The service provider, together with GIZ’s FAIR Forward Project and C4IR (Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution), will create an AI Maturity Assessment Framework for South Africa.
The projects’ objective is to develop a framework that will help decision-making stakeholders in South Africa determine:
- South Africa’s current position on AI readiness and maturity in different areas (e.g., data landscape, AI skills, AI infrastructure, etc.); and
- Indicators to be established and interventions to be deployed, to create a functional, ethical and globally competitive AI ecosystem.
The outcome of conducting a readiness assessment, using the framework, would inform both policy interventions and investment decisions for the government as well as the private sector, to effectively to build a thriving, human-centric AI ecosystem, one that is safeguarded from harm, but also spurs innovation.
The service provider will collaborate with GIZ & C4IR to deliver the following work packages:
- Research & literature review, indicator development.
- Organising and facilitating a multi-stakeholder workshop.
- Data collection, testing the framework and deriving policy insights.
- Development of a dashboard for visualisation of the data.
- Reporting on project journey and activities, including presenting first annual Maturity Assessment Framework report.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Download tender documents below.
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83446778
Due date: 08 September 2023
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83446778 TOR_AI Maturity Assessment (pdf, 0,30 MB)
- 83446778 Technical_Assessment_Grid - AI Maturity Assessment Framework (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83446778 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83446778 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83446778 Budget Allocation (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83446778 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,09 MB)
- 83446778 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)