Call for proposals 83450376
Implementation of Green Hydrogen and PtX Training for South African Decision-Makers
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in South Africa since 1995. One core area of cooperation is climate and energy.
The “Promoting a South African Green Hydrogen Economy” (H2.SA) project is commissioned by the BMZ and implemented by the GIZ in close cooperation with The Presidency of South Africa. H2.SA's main objective is to promote a South African green and sustainable hydrogen economy. Working closely with its partners from Government, private sector, and civil society, H2.SA provides expertise, resources, and builds capacity for a secure and sustainable energy future that holds opportunities for all South Africans.
In the context of a rapidly decreasing global carbon budget and urgency to identify adequate solutions for decarbonizing the so-called hard-to-abate sectors, the demand for green hydrogen (GH2) and green hydrogen-based products (PtX), such as ammonia and synthetic fuels, is steadily increasing. The production of GH2, either for the domestic or export market is being considered by South Africa, which are characterised by favourable solar and wind energy conditions, sufficient mineral resources and existing hydrogen value chains and industries. Given this potential, several initiatives are underway in the field of green hydrogen and power-to-X (PtX) in South Africa.
Despite the promising conditions for the development of a GH2 economy in South Africa, certain challenges persist. A capacity and knowledge deficit exist in South Africa on GH2 and PtX as it is a very new topic. Extensive capacity building and training efforts are required to support public and private sector stakeholders to build up the South African green H2 economy. To address the capacity building and training requirements of South African decision-makers, GIZ implemented project a comprehensive 2-day training course which have been offered by the H2.SA programme since 2021. To enable us to expand our training offering and increase the sustainability of our training efforts, H2.SA wishes to appoint a South African training service provider to implement the already developed two-day training course over the course of two years (2024 – 2025). The service provider should host a series of up to twelve (12) training events for public and private sector decision-makers in South Africa.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 03 November 2023. Please quote reference 83450376 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Annex 3. H2 Training Manual Example ( H2 Training Manual Example, 9,10 MB)
- Guidance of emissions (pdf, 0,26 MB)
- Annex 4. Training Evaluation Form ( Training Evaluation Form, 0,60 MB)
- Annex 2. Minimum_Standards_Sustainable_Event_Management ( Minimum_Standards_Sustainable_Event_Management, 0,61 MB)
- Annex 1. H2.SA Factsheet ( H2, 1,36 MB)
- 83450376 TOR_Training Workshops (pdf, 0,25 MB)
- 83450376 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83450376 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83450376 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83450376 Eligibility Check_Training Workshops (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83450376 Budget Allocation_Training Workshops (xls, 0,04 MB)
- 83450376 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)
- 83450376 Assessment Grid_Training Workshops (pdf, 0,21 MB)