Head of Finance
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Deputy: Senior Finance Specialists, other Unit Heads (Band 5)
Salary Band 5
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Hatfield, Pretoria is looking to fill the position of “Head of Finance”.
RESPONSIBILITIES - see full job description download below
The Head of Finance is responsible for:
- Managing the Finance Unit within the GIZ Country Office in Pretoria to ensure efficient services to all GIZ Projects, Programs and Clusters, Head Office and other GIZ Country Offices.
- GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini´s finance function including day-to-day operations as well as strategic direction and the continuous and measurable improvement of the unit´s service and quality compliance.
- Efficiently and effectively dealing with queries about issues in his / her / their section
- Performing tasks in compliance with GIZ’s Procedures and Rules (PuR).
- Correctly providing services within the team in accordance with GIZ’s requirements.
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard processes and procedures.
- Financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ Office and GIZ projects, programs, and clusters.
- Monitoring of all GIZ bank accounts, fund drawings and allocations
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team and the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
A motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value added they will bring to the project.
A detailed CV
Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID)
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com with subject line “Application for Head of Finance” for the attention of Head of Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!