Reports to: Head of Unit - Finance
Deputy: Other Finance Officers
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Pretoria is looking to fill the positions of “Finance Officers”.
The Finance Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that financial administration function are functions are well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures;
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team or the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office;
- Performing tasks independently in compliance with GIZ’s Processes and Rules (P+R);
- Financial planning, monitoring and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects;
- Giving advice to the projects, business partner and counterparts;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of department processes.
GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
- Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a
- Cover Letter (concisely 2 pages) clearly stating your motivation for applying for the position and as well as salary range expectation.
- A detailed CV.
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID).
The application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following email subject line “Finance Officer” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2023.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications without a Cover letter will not be considered!