Call for Proposals 83451508
Develop an Artificial Intelligence Maturity Assessment Framework for South Africa to measure and monitor the AI readiness of the country.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH South Africa office is seeking a service provider(s) with expertise in AI and Data research, policy and impact assessment reporting. The service provider, together with GIZ’s FAIR Forward Project and C4IR (Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution), will create an AI Maturity Assessment Framework for South Africa.
The projects’ objective is to develop a framework that will help decision-making stakeholders in South Africa determine:
- South Africa’s current position on AI readiness and maturity in different areas (e.g., data landscape, AI skills, AI infrastructure, etc.); and
- Indicators to be established and interventions to be deployed, to create a functional, ethical and globally competitive AI ecosystem.
The outcome of conducting a readiness assessment, using the framework, would inform both policy interventions and investment decisions for the government as well as the private sector, to effectively to build a thriving, human-centric AI ecosystem, one that is safeguarded from harm, but also spurs innovation.
The service provider will collaborate with GIZ & C4IR to deliver the following work packages:
- Research & literature review, indicator development
- Organising and facilitating a multi-stakeholder workshop
- Data collection, testing the framework and deriving policy insights
- Development of a dashboard for visualisation of the data
- Reporting on project journey and activities, including presenting first annual Maturity Assessment Framework report
- Monitoring and evaluation.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 24 November 2023. Please quote reference 83451508 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
There will be a public Q&A session on Thursday, 16 November 2023, from 15h30-16h00 SAST.
How to join?
To join the Q&A session on Thursday, use this MS Teams link.
- Tender 83451508 - QA-Summary (pdf, 0,23 MB)
- 83451508 TOR_AI Maturity Assessment (pdf, 0,28 MB)
- 83451508 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83451508 Technical_Assessment_Grid AI Maturity Assessment Framework (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83451508 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83451508 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83451508 Budget Allocation (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83451508 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)