Call for Proposal 83452937
Design, specifications, and bills of quantities for Catchment Rehabilitation Measures for ‘Support to Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho’
The Government of Lesotho, with support of international partners, has embarked on an ambitious national programme for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM). The European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to support the Government of Lesotho in the “Support to integrated catchment management in Lesotho” project. The project aims to support implementation of ICM to rehabilitate degraded watersheds across the country and halt further degradation of Lesotho’s catchment areas. Target areas of implementation include policy harmonisation; institutional development; human capacity building and behaviour change communication; implementation of watershed rehabilitation measures; and support for data and monitoring.
A key activity is the implementation of measures for watershed rehabilitation and development at local level across the country. GIZ requires the services of an experienced design engineer, preferably with experience of labour-intensive construction methods and catchment rehabilitation works.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor
This contract is for an individual expert or a consulting engineering firm. The contractor is responsible for providing the following services:
- Design and preparation of tender documents for procurement of contractors for implementation of a second phase of catchment rehabilitation measures, including measures to address erosion, wetland degradation, spring protection and small rural water supply schemes.
GIZ invites eligible and professional contractors in Lesotho and the SADC region to participate in this tender. Tender Documents are available to download below until 24 November 2023. Completed forms must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 01 December 2023 at 23h00. Please quote reference 83452937 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83452937 22.11.2023 Updated Tender information form (11, 0,24 MB)
- 83452937 22.11.2023 Updated Individual Bidding Condition (11, 0,28 MB)
- 83452937 22.11.2023 Clarification-queries and responses (11, 0,42 MB)
- 83452937 ToR Construction Design (pdf, 1,00 MB)
- 83452937 Tender information form (doc, 0,24 MB)
- 83452937 Rapid Catchment Rehabilitation Measures (pdf, 6,38 MB)
- 83452937 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,25 MB)
- 83452937 Grid for technical evaluation - Construction Design Engineer (pdf, 0,34 MB)
- 83452937 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 - Legal (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83452937 Estimation of anticipated contract value (xlsx, 0,06 MB)
- 83452937 Budget allocation (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83452937 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,28 MB)