Call for Proposals 83453004
Capacity Building on effective GBV Prevention Strategies for the SADC Region
Gender-based violence is a widespread human rights violation that undermines the social, political and economic participation of women and girls and southern Africa is estimated to have amongst the highest prevalence rates of gender-based violence (GBV) worldwide. Partnerships for Prevention of Gender-based Violence in Southern Africa (PfP II) is a regional programme aimed at supporting joint implementation of initiatives aimed at GBV prevention by regional, national and sub-national stakeholders across sectors in selected SADC countries (South Africa, Lesotho, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Namibia). The programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
GIZ - PfP II in partnership with SADC Secretariat Gender Unit seeks to appoint a suitably qualified service provider to support the development of a roll-out plan for the SADC Handbook on Promoting Effective GBV Prevention Interventions and implementing the capacity building programme for the 16 SADC member states on GBV prevention.
The service provider is expected to deliver through the following work packages:
- Preparatory and development phase: assessment to identify capacity gaps and opportunities for implementing GBV prevention initiatives across all the 16 SADC member states. This should be done through analysis of information and documents collected from the member states.
- Implementation/capacity building phase: Engagement with all the member states to orientate them on the concept of GBV prevention and to raise awareness on the SADC GBV Prevention handbook and build capacity on GBV prevention strategies.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with presence in the SADC region to participate in this tender. Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 01 December 2023 Please quote reference 83453004 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83453004 Questions and Answers (pdf, 0,16 MB)
- 83453004_SADC_Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83453004 TOR_Roll out and capacity building (pdf, 0,28 MB)
- 83453004 Tender Form (doc, 0,25 MB)
- 83453004 SADC_Eligibility Scheme (pdf, 0,06 MB)
- 83453004 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83453004 GIZ - GBV Prevention Handbook (pdf, 2,77 MB)
- 83453004 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83453004 Budget Allocation (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83453004 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)