Call for Proposal - Development and implementation of Phase Assessments as well as Integrated Summative Assessment (IISA) for occupational Training programmes (CoS and DSPP) 83367262
The overarching goal of German Development Cooperation in the priority area of “TVET and Skills Development” is that “The quality of TVET and skills development in South Africa is improved regarding its labour market relevance.” The Skills Development for a Green Economy Programme II (SD4GE II) supports a structural change towards more employment oriented dual TVET approaches in South Africa.
The SD4GE II programme aims to improve the cooperation between actors from (T)VET institutions and the private sector in dual training measures. This includes:
- The practice-orientated further training of TVET personnel (TVET College lecturers and TVET college management).
- Building blocks for the development of artisans of the 21st century: Support to the implementation of the South African Dual System Pilot Project (DSPP) and its transfer under the Centres of Specialization programmes (CoS) as a regular delivery mechanism for new occupational programmes. This includes the development of 21st century assessment processes.
- Cooperation between public and private sector actors to support VET, e,g. demand-side oriented, flexible short-term qualifications aligned to employment.
On the German side, SD4GE II is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). To achieve this, GIZ collaborates with its national political partner, the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
GIZ (SD4GE II) seeks the services of a highly skilled and competent service provider to manage a process that strengthens the quality, relevance and implementation of an integrated, project-based assessment process that incorporates theory, practise and workplace-based experience as per NOCC A-21 for occupational programmes. This includes the DSPP and CoS projects, facilitators and lecturers as well as the development of both phase assessments and the development of an exemplary Internal Integrated Summative Assessment (IISA) for Electrical and Plumbing trades.
- management of the development and implementation of phase assessments for 13 CoS Trade for years, 1, 2 and 3;
- building and strengthening the capacities of facilitators and lecturers to develop phase assessments;
- implementation of phase assessments, sharing and documentation of implementation experience including lessons learnt;
- the development of an exemplary IISA that takes cognisance of and integrates the use of modern technology in assessments;
- implementation of the IISA with at least 1 cohort each of Plumbing and Electrical apprentices.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender. Tender Documents are available to download until 08.12.2020. Completed forms must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 14.12.2020 at 23h00. Please quote reference 83367262 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.