Principles of Private Sector Development - Principles, Trends and Innovative Topics in German Technical Cooperation
PARTICIPANTS This course is intended for GIZ staff, especially executive staff, programme managers, policy advisers, and external customers.
ZIELE UND INHALTE
OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT You will get an overview of the principles and approaches of private sector development in German development cooperation, on the BMZ's sector strategy for private sector development as well as an overview on current innovative topics of private sector development.
- Introduction and discussion of the sector strategy for private sector development as a key policy guideline of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Presentation of GIZ's approaches and instruments in private sector development
- Sectoral and regional approaches to economic
- Development and correlation between private sector development and employment
- Lessons learned on specific issues, e.g. inclusive business models, business environment, BDS
- An overview about current trends and innovative topics within private sector development
- GIZ's advisory techniques, methods and tools in private sector development projects
Presentations by experts and practitioners
Exercises and group work
Individual knowledge transfer
20 - 30
03.12. - 06.12.