Climate Finance Training for Sector Experts (CliFiT4SE): Key aspects of project development for the “Green Climate Fund” (GCF)
Primary target group for the Climate Finance Training for Sector Experts (CliFiT4SE) are sector experts who have an interest in exploring climate finance options, and particularly GCF project development. Besides GIZ staff, his may include: experts in relevant line ministries such as water, transport, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, as well as ministries of finance and planning; representatives of public and private entities engaged in supplying public goods; private sector entities, donors, implementing entities and other governmental or non-governmental bodies interested in climate finance.
OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT
CliFiT4SE is a dynamic, interactive training approach to inform sector experts about key aspects and considerations for the development of projects for the GCF or other climate funding. The overall objective of the training is to strengthen the participant’s ability to apply a climate-lens to their sector and assess the relevance of sector projects for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
Specific learning objectives of this training are:
- Understanding key criteria to access climate finance
- Enabling participants to take initial steps to set up a climate finance project
- Introducing participants to the logic and financing instruments of the Green Climate Fund (GCF)
CliFiT4SE follows a modular concept, offering several combinations for different learning paths and addressing the specific training needs of sector experts. The toolkit comprises six training modules that allow delving into the most important issues starting at distinctive levels.
The sic thematic modules focus on the topics below:
- M1: Climate Change an Climate Finance (Intro)
- M2: Climate Change Impact on a project level
- M3: Project development an the Green Climate Find (GCF)
- M4: Country Ownership and Nationally Determined Contributions
- M5: Financing instruments for bankable projects
- M6: GCF grant proposal development – the concept note template
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
COURSE DATES 2019
DURATION & TIME
Tuesday to Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For further information please consult the following website: www.clifit.org
Content is subjectable to changes according to participant´s needs.