Bonn Conference for Global Transformation: sustainability reloaded
At the Bonn conference series on sustainable development, international experts such as Jeffrey Sachs, Klaus Töpfer and Claudia Roth will be joined by people who run pioneering start-ups around the world.
Bonn. The Bonn Conference for Global Transformation on 12 and 13 May 2015 will not only feature some of the most prestigious international experts on sustainability, it will also bring together people who may not yet be well-known in Germany, but have started up some unique projects. These include growing organic salad ingredients in tunnels below the London Underground, an app Kenyan dairy farmers use to improve their livestock breeding, and a school in India that uses sign language to train grandmothers to become solar technicians. They are proof that sustainability is being practised and creatively implemented all around the world.
The new conference series has over 50 speakers, including:
- Jeffrey Sachs, Special Advisor to United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
- Claudia Roth, Member of the German Federal Parliament, Vice-President of the German Bundestag
- Vandana Shiva, recipient of the Alternative Nobel Prize and member of the Club of Rome
- Peter Bakker, President of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director of the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) in Potsdam and former German Federal Minister for the Environment
- Sustainable cities: Earthquake experts are planning the megacities of the future
- Online activism in Brazil: A direct line to policy-makers
- PR Advisor Ed Gillespie: ‘Let’s make sustainability sexy’
We would be delighted to welcome you to the Bonn Conference for Global Transformation. If you are unable to attend, we will be happy to send you the latest material, which you can use for reports, once the conference is over.
About the Bonn Conference:
The Bonn Conference for Global Transformation is an international conference series organised by the German Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. It will take place every two years in Bonn, starting in 2015. The conference will focus on the United Nations’ post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, and is supported by some strong partners: United Nations University, the Sustainable Development Solutions Network and Deutsche Welle.
Journalists are requested to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for accreditation.
GIZ Corporate Communications
+49 (0) 228 4460 1431
State Chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia, Spokesperson for the Minister for Federal Affairs, Europe and the Media
+49 (0) 211 8371399