Communications Officer - H2.SA
The rapidly decreasing global carbon budget and the urgency to identify adequate solutions for decarbonizing the so-called heavy-to-abate sectors, will lead to a steady increase in demand for green hydrogen (H2) and green hydrogen-based products (PtX), such as ammonia and synthetic jet fuels. Many off-takers (e.g. Germany, the EU, Japan, etc.) are willing to pay a premium price and to sign long-term supply agreements to stimulate H2 / PtX market development.
Green H2, however, also offers domestic use opportunities to countries like South Africa, characterised by favourable solar and wind energy conditions, sufficient mineral resources and existing hydrogen value chains and industries. Green H2 / PtX thus presents a promising option for contributing to the sustainable transition of the South African energy and industry sector.
Given this potential, the South African-German Cooperation launched several initiatives in the field of green H2 and power-to-x (PtX) in South Africa. The project “H2.SA” is a technical component, under the German National Hydrogen Strategy that focuses on supporting South African stakeholders from the public and private sector as well as civil society in setting-up favourable regulatory, institutional and technical framework conditions for a green hydrogen economy.
In detail, 4 areas of intervention (Outputs) have been defined:
- Strategy Development and Regulatory Framework
- H2 Economy and Private Sector Involvement
- Research, Innovation and Training
- Sustainability (Environment and Social Affairs)
H2.SA is looking to fill a position as Communications Officer to support project implementation in the area of public relations.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of project coordination in agile and partner-oriented environments. Joining the energy cluster team in the Pretoria office, you will
- play a key role in communicating the outcomes of the H2.SA project;
- be responsible for creating communications content in coordination with the project team;
- ensure that corporate communication guidelines are applied;
You will work in a dynamic and supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to further grow into an expert on energy transition issues.
- This position is based at GIZ in Hatfield, Pretoria.
- The Communications Officer will be based at the GIZ offices in Pretoria. The position is full-time. The assignment comprises a fixed term employment contract until 31 December 2023.
E. APPLICATION PROCESS
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 2 pages) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate and the value they will bring to the work of H2.SA project. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality with the job title quoted on the email subject line for the attention of Head of Unit: Human Resource.
- Internal and External Applicants: submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications: 31 December 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!