Sustainable Infrastructure Preparation Technical Advisor
Reports to: Head of Component
Duration: Until 31 October 2024
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) support project Green Infrastructure Corridors for intra-African Trade (Support to PIDA, Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa) supports the African Union Commission (AUC) and the African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD) on the following three components:
- Development of a Continental Green Infrastructure Policy for trade relevant Corridors
- Advisory of Climate Resilient & Low Carbon Infrastructure in the Central Corridor
- Launch of a Call for Digital Solutions for MSMEs in the Infrastructure & Trade space
GIZ and AUDA-NEPAD collaborate with the Central Corridor Transit Transport Facilitation Agency (CCTTFA) to implement component two in the five Member States of the Central Corridor. Technical Advisory to CCTTFA is facilitated via the AUDA-NEPAD infrastructure project preparation instrument Service Delivery Mechanism (SDM) and the PIDA Quality Label (PQL). GIZ is now searching for an experienced infrastructure project preparation advisor to work with AUDA-NEPAD and CCTTFA on component two.
- Act as GIZ Technical Advisor to advise the SDM Project Pipeline in the Central Corridor on Infrastructure Project Preparation in the Transport (road, rail, waterway), Energy (hydro, transmission, solar, wind etc.), ICT and Water sector to advance projects to the next stage and drive towards funding.
- Advise infrastructure projects in the SDM Project pipeline with technical due diligence and expert advisory in particular on:
- Climate Adaptation, Mitigation, Resilience
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Disaster Risk Management
- Loss and Damage
- DFI/IFI/MDB Funding
- Act as GIZ focal person to facilitate and build partnerships with infrastructure funding institutions and infrastructure climate actors to match with project opportunities and drive knowledge management.
Suitable candidates should apply for this position apply by submitting motivation letter (max. 1 page) detailing why they should be the preferred candidate This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating their nationality to: email@example.com for the attention of Head of Unit: HR with the Subject Line: “Infrastructure Project Preparation Technical Advisor”.
Closing date for Application: 20 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.