Call for Proposals - 83410661
Development of a Communication Strategy for H2.SA
In the context of a rapidly decreasing global carbon budget and urgency to identify adequate solutions for decarbonizing the so-called heavy-to-abate sectors, the demand for green hydrogen (H2) and green hydrogen-based products (PtX), such as ammonia and synthetic jet fuels, is steadily increasing. Due to its wind and solar energy potential, its platinum reserves, and its industry’s experience with Fischer-Tropsch technology, South Africa is uniquely positioned to succeed in this growing market.
Given this potential, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH recently launched the project “Promoting a Green Hydrogen Economy in South Africa (H2.SA)”. Funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), H2.SA focuses on supporting South African stakeholders from the public and private sector as well as civil society in building capacities and setting up favorable regulatory, institutional and technical framework conditions for a green hydrogen economy.
The objective of this work package is to develop a Communication Strategy for H2.SA including target group analysis, description of general approach, formulation of key messages, definition of communication channels, development of a communication plan (activities, media, formats, etc.) and implementation plan, proposal for a M&E system and budget estimation. The work package also includes the development of a South African green hydrogen narrative/storyline and a decision maker media training.
The Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 20 June 2022.
Please quote reference 83410661 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Module proposal redacted (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- H2SA_Anlage1_Wirkungsmatrix_short (pdf, 0,16 MB)
- H2.SA-Factsheet (SA-Factsheet_220505, 0,75 MB)
- 83410661 ToR H2SA Communication Strategy (pdf, 0,26 MB)
- 83410661 Tender Form (doc, 0,24 MB)
- 83410661 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83410661 Grid for Technical Assessment (pdf, 0,19 MB)
- 83410661 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83410661 Budget Allocation Communication Strategy (xls, 0,03 MB)
- 83410661 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,08 MB)