Call for Proposals 83408127
Individual Expert for Policy Harmonisation in Support to Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho: Revision of key sectoral legislation and drafting local level legislation (by-laws)
The Government of Lesotho, with support from the European Union (EU) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has embarked on a national programme for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM), known as ReNOKA (‘we are a river’). The sustainable management of Lesotho’s catchments are critically important for water, land, energy and food security not only in Lesotho itself but in the entire Orange-Senqu Basin. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the EU and BMZ to implement a technical cooperation project to support Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho.
The programme works at national, catchments and local level where it relies on local authorities to integrate planning approaches and implement rehabilitation measures. At national level, institutions have been established to ensure coordination and integrated planning. Those institutions, planning approaches and guideline require legal codification to ensure the sustainability of the national integrated catchment management efforts. Revision of key legislation is therefore necessary. At the local level integrated catchment management builds on local government local level institutions. Particularly Community Councils (CCs) need to be capacitated to deliver on their mandates by means of local level regulation.
GIZ therefore seeking to appoint an Individual Expert for Policy Harmonisation in Support to Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho. The objectives of the assignment are the revision of key sectoral legislation and drafting local level legislation (by-laws).
Key tasks include:
- Highlighting clear procedures for: legal revision, enactment of policy and legislation, mainstreaming of ICM in ongoing legal revision
- Support with the revision of Key Acts and Policy
- Supporting selected pilot Community Councils in drafting Bylaws.
- Develop and institutionalize the process of By-law drafting and enacting in a guideline
- Training 12 legal officers and other relevant stakeholders on by-law drafting according to their respective responsibilities
Download specifications below
Submit documents to: ZA_Quotation@giz.de
Quote Ref in Email Subject Line: 83408127
Due date: 24 June 2022
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Eligibility Criteria (xlsx, 0,12 MB)
- Annex 4 Concept Note Catchment Planning Approach 2020 (pdf, 0,34 MB)
- Annex 3 Renoka policy priorities (pptx, 0,15 MB)
- Annex 2 Local government transfer of functions 2015 (pdf, 2,45 MB)
- Annex 1 Policy Harmonisation Lesotho - Compilation of key outputs (pdf, 8,74 MB)
- 83408127 ToR Drafting of by-laws national expert (pdf, 0,26 MB)
- 83408127 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83408127 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83408127 Budget Allocation Sheet (png, 0,00 MB)
- 83408127 Bidding Conditions (pdf, 0,08 MB)
- 83408127 Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,20 MB)
- 83408127 Tender Form (doc, 0,24 MB)