Re-advert: Implementation / Sustainable Finance Advisor
Reports to: CSP Head of Component – Output 2
Duration: Until 31 December 2024 (with possibility of extension)
Germany provides a visible and impactful contribution to support the South African Government in reaching its goals to tackle the challenge of climate change. The Climate Support Programme (CSP) funded under the International Climate Initiative (IKI), a financing vehicle by the German Ministry Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK) is supporting the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, (DFFE) in developing and implementing climate change policy. Areas of technical and financial support include the topics of adaptation to the adverse effects of climate change, mitigation of greenhouse gases, monitoring and evaluation, Climate Changes Response Support Programmes (Implementation of Climate Action) as well as Climate Policy and Governance.
The advertised position is oriented at the phase IV of the Climate Support Programme until 31 December 2024, with a possibility of extension. The focus of the position will lie within the areas of implementation sustainable finance, private sector engagement, project pipeline creation and sustainable/green up-scalability approaches.
The focus of the position is in Output 2 with cross-sectional tasks in Output 1 and 3.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Implementation/ Sustainable Finance Technical Advisor is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Strategic development as well as organisational advice to DFFE and other relevant partner institutions/partners.
- Application of concepts for climate/green finance mobilisation. Support implementation and/or investment aligned to SA’s NDC and its 2050 long-term strategy.
- Identify suitable financial tools (incl. green bonds, green loans, and sustainability-linked loans and bonds) for applicability to support the SA NDC project pipeline creation and implementation.
- Project management of consulting projects and other tasks required for project implementation, including research, general support, and technical contributions.
- Prepare terms of reference for consultants, manage procurement, ensure management and technical oversight of consultants appointed and quality assurance of deliverables submitted.
- Plan and arrange meetings, workshops and keep record of proceedings.
- Coordinate, align with and manage other potential partner initiatives to enhance alignment e.g. IFC, BASA, WBG, DBSA, private sector representatives.
- Support the Climate Cluster Management Team in Portfolio Development and acquisition processes.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
A motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate and the value added they will bring to the project.
A detailed CV indicating their nationality
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for CSP Implementation / Sustainable Finance Advisor” for the attention of Head of HR.
Closing date for applications: 07 October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed!
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!