Support to the South African COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out and Local Production (SAVax)Senior Technical Advisor
Reports to: Head of Component “Production”
Duration: Until December 2024 with a likely extension of at least 1 year
AREA OF WORK
South Africa is committed to strengthen its local vaccine development and production capacity. The Department of Science and Innovation is currently elaborating a national strategy to strengthen the innovation and manufacturing landscape. GIZ SAVax project will contribute to the empowerment of the local ecosystem by supporting training and research institution and the regulatory capacities as well as by ensuring demand for vaccines and vaccine-related products made in South Africa (market shaping).
The SAVax project is recruiting an experienced advisor with both technical skills in health innovation and a solid network and experience working with the private sector and government to advice and manage project implementation.
The Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for:
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and an effective collaboration with the Department of Science and Innovation and the Medical Research Council, SAHPRA as well as other partners on vaccine production
- Under the leadership of the component leader, ensure delivery and quality of the project activities already from the planning to the implementation such as grants to universities or consultancy services
- Provide technical advice on the regional dimension of the project activities including alignment with the African Medical Agency and demand generation for South African vaccines
- Plan, implement and coordinate activities with other GIZ projects and diverse institutions including KfW and actively identify interfaces and synergies.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
- Editing of content for public relations in coordination with the communication department of the Department of Science and Innovation and possible grantees.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of technical papers for internal and external information events.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting a motivation letter (max. 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate. This should be accompanied by a detailed CV indicating nationality to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line “Application for SAVAX STA Output 2-4” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!
Full job description below.