Senior Digital Transformation Advisor and Coordinator of the Digital Transformation Centre South Africa
Reports to: Head of Component Output II, Climate Support Programme IV, GIZ South Africa Climate Cluster
Duty Station: Hatfield, Pretoria
Duration: Until 31 August 2025
Salary Band 4
As an international organisation commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Development (BMZ), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH provides international cooperation service for sustainable development in a wide variety of areas, including energy, environment, digitalization, employment, and economic development. We work with partners all over the world across different sectors towards building a future worth living for every individual.
The Digital Transformation Centre (DTC) is part of a global initiative of the GIZ, it is a hub that enables local innovation worldwide and promotes digital solution for sustainable development. The DTC combines innovation, technical know-how, inclusive and collaborative participation, digital knowledge as well as research and entrepreneurial drive to systematically strengthen the ecosystem and local capacities for digital transformation.
The DTC in South Africa will focus on supporting “Green Digital Transformation”, leveraging the use of digital technologies for South Africa’s Just Energy / Climate Transition. In addition, the DTC will support other focus areas of DTCs such as Digital skills, Digital Economy, Women in Tech, and Innovation Promotion through the existing GIZ projects and initiatives in South Africa. Thereby, the activities of the DTC will evolve around policy advice, the conceptualization of digital technology driven use cases (particularly AI, Blockchain and Data), creating or enhancing capacity for digital public goods, and capacity development for relevant stakeholders.
Against this backdrop, we seek a committed, motivated, and highly skilled individual as Senior Technical Expert in our growing and vibrant DTC team in South Africa, someone who will be instrumental in designing comprehensive strategies and coordinating the overall activities of the DTC.
RESPONSIBILITIES (full job description download below)
- The lead coordinator of the DTC will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project activities, including the planning, coordination, and implementation.
- The individual will have the overall responsibility of smooth running and timely implementation of the DTC, this also includes managing funds efficiently.
- The lead coordinator of the DTC will also be responsible for stakeholder coordination at local, national, regional, and international levels.
Suitable candidates should apply by submitting:
- A motivation letter (concisely 1 page) stating why they should be the preferred candidate, the value added they will bring to the project and their desired salary range.
- This should be accompanied by a detailed CV and indicating their nationality.
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com, with the email subject line “Application for Senior Digital Transformation Advisor and Coordinator of the Digital Transformation Centre South Africa” for the attention of Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for applications: 11 July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered!