Call for Proposals 83449953
Piloting the Green Hydrogen Community Development Toolkit- H2.SA Programme
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has been working in South Africa since 1995, its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis with the core focus in climate, energy, and skills aspects.
The demand for green hydrogen (GH2) and the associated Power-to-X (PtX) products like ammonia and synthetic aviation fuel is on the rise globally. South Africa is considered one of the future suppliers of GH2 and its products which are anticipated to hold significant opportunities for the country in the entire value chain. It is against this background that since 2021, the GIZ in partnership with The Presidency of South Africa is implementing the project “H2.SA – Promoting a Green Hydrogen Economy in South Africa” to support South African stakeholders from the public and private sector to utilise the potential of a sustainable green hydrogen economy.
One key aspect of the H2.SA project includes the active support of private companies engaged in the build-up of the South African hydrogen economy. Companies involved in the development of green hydrogen projects typically have extensive expertise in renewable energies, hydrogen, and infrastructure projects. However, some project developers are less well-versed in including affected communities in the project planning and in setting up a robust community development system from the start.
In an attempt to fill this gap, GIZ has developed a practical, user-friendly, and customisable green hydrogen community development toolkit (CDTK) for green hydrogen projects. The objective of this assignment is to offer support to project developers for the piloting of this toolkit.
This would ideally lead to:
- Improved community development practices of green hydrogen projects in South Africa,
- Lessons learnt and feedback from the piloting, and
- An updated and improved version of the CDTK.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in South Africa to participate in this tender.
Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 03 November 2023. Please quote reference 83449953 when submitting the documentation. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83449953 Final CDTK - GHCDT 4 digital final (pdf, 2,39 MB)
- 83449953 Terms of Reference - CDTK Piloting (pdf, 0,85 MB)
- 83449953 Technical Assessment Grid - Piloting (pdf, 0,34 MB)
- 83449953 Invitation to tender (pdf, 0,25 MB)
- 83449953 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 - Legal (pdf, 0,18 MB)
- 83449953 Eligibility check (pdf, 0,21 MB)
- 83449953 Budget allocation - CDTK Piloting (xls, 0,05 MB)
- 83449953 Bidding Conditions Local (pdf, 0,28 MB)