Call for Proposals 83452589
Phase 2 Regional Study: Role of Private Sector in GBV Prevention
Gender-based violence is a widespread human rights violation that undermines the social, political and economic participation of women and girls and southern Africa is estimated to have amongst the highest prevalence rates of gender-based violence (GBV) worldwide. Partnerships for Prevention of Gender-based Violence in Southern Africa (PfP II) is a regional programme aimed at supporting joint implementation of initiatives aimed at GBV prevention by regional, national and sub-national stakeholders across sectors in selected SADC countries (South Africa, Lesotho, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Namibia). The programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
PfP II in partnership with SADC Secretariat Gender Unit, Ford Foundation and Global Affairs Canada seeks to appoint a suitably qualified service provider to identify credible case studies of GBV prevention programmes and projects that the private sector has established, implemented, supported and contributed to in the Southern African region. The study will identify the impact and scale of such programmes and/or projects to establish the credibility of the interventions.
The research needs to answer and provide information on the following:
- Identify and provide information on the dominant sectors within a country. In addition, identify within these sectors what their perceptions are of GBV in the workplace and their views on the effect of GBV on their business operations and the communities in which they operate.
- Provide credible case studies of private sector organisations in the SADC region, that have successfully implemented GBV and/or related gender equality interventions.
- The study to further identify and share findings on the reasons for limited engagement by the private sector and to document other successful case studies from outside the SADC region.
GIZ invites eligible and professional companies with local presence in the SADC Region to participate in this tender.
Tender documents are available for downloading below.
Your proposal must be submitted to ZA_Quotation@giz.de by 24 November 2023.
Please quote reference 83452589 when submitting the documentation.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
- 83452589 ToR (pdf, 0,34 MB)
- 83452589 Tender Form (doc, 0,24 MB)
- 83452589 Invitation to Tender (pdf, 0,07 MB)
- 83452589 General terms and conditions of contract 2022 (pdf, 0,17 MB)
- 83452589 Budget Template (xls, 0,03 MB)
- 83452589 Bidding Conditions Local (doc, 0,09 MB)
- 83452589 Assessment Grid (pdf, 0,21 MB)