7th Indo-German Energy Forum to be held in Berlin
The 7th Indo-German Energy Forum, under the co-chairmapship of Secretary, Ministry of Power, Government of India, Mr. Pradeep Kumar Pujari and State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Government of Germany, Mr. Rainer Baake will be held on 29 September 2016 in Berlin, Germany.
The Indo-German Energy Forum, initiated by the German Chancellor and Indian Prime Minister in April 2006, provides a platform for high level policy makers and representatives from industry, associations, financial institutions and research organizations from both India and Germany.
The meeting provides a unique opportunity for public and private sector stakeholders to convene and develop a common understanding of the most promising opportunities for Indo-German cooperation in the energy sector.
The Forum is jointly being organised by:
- Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi, Germany)
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB, Germany)
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ, Germany)
- Ministry of Power (MOP, India)
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE, India)
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE, India)
- German Development Bank (KfW)
- German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
Representatives of German companies are also invited on 27th and 28th September 2016 to present potential business opportunities for India and especially existing barriers which would need political intervention or support. Representatives of the Government of India and the Indian business community will be present at these B2G roundtables taking place in Hamburg.