GIZ carries out a wide range of activities within Germany.
The country is currently facing many challenges, nationally and internationally, and is embarking on a number of transformation processes. The expertise we have gained through our work in the fields of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education are extremely valuable in meeting these challenges. GIZ runs the Academy for International Cooperation in Germany, fostering mutual learning and networking as a driver for successful cooperation. We also offer training courses on behalf of German states. In this way, we help to continually develop the capacities of experts and managers.
There is also great potential for German businesses in the drive to create closer links between foreign trade promotion and international cooperation with partner countries. GIZ works closely with the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce and with Chambers of Commerce abroad. We also help businesses realise their global potential: we understand the interests of the private sector and link these with development goals.
Supraregional cooperation with Germany
Governance and democracy
Environment and climate change
Economic development and employment
Faces and stories
- Hachem Chaabene, construction engineer from Tunisia
- Haythem Abidi, blogger in Tunisia
- Markus Szirmay, German business developer in Sibiria
- Steve Ngatia Maina, alumnus of ‘Afrika kommt!’ from Kenya
- Yanqing Chang, environmental technologist from China
- Hamburg-based project which promotes the integration of foreign experts